What personal information does Trailermaster collect?
The types of personal information we collect will depend on the type of product or service purchased by you. Generally, we keep a record of one or more of the following types of information:
- Information that identifies you, such as your name, address, email address, occupation, telephone and facsimile numbers, drivers license, date of birth, Social Insurance Number, language preference and other information provided by you and people nominated by you
- Finance and credit information about you and/or other members of your family if you apply for finance or lease
- Information about what is being insured including health and income information
- Details of your vehicle and its service history
We do not actively seek to collect sensitive personal information (for example, health information or information about your racial or ethnic origin or any criminal record) unless it is necessary for our business purposes.
Generally, we only collect your personal information directly from you, unless it is not reasonable or practical for us to do so. For example, you may authorize us to collect credit information from a third party, your employer or your landlord. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources such as registrar of companies or land title office. Sometimes, we act as an agent for others when collecting personal information about you, such as, for our preferred insurance companies. We advise you when we do this.
How may Trailermaster RV Sales use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- provide products or services to you, including servicing of your vehicle and performance of any warranty related repairs
- respond to requests for information regarding products or services
- enable our various departments to identify and contact you for service reminders, promotional offers, recall notices, etc.
- fulfill additional purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected, including purposes identified in application forms, web pages, or other documents provided to you
How may Trailermaster RV Sales disclose your personal information?
Sometimes, the law requires us to give out information about you, such as, a court if we were ordered to do so under a subpoena.
Depending on the product or service that we provide to you, we may also disclose your personal information to:
- government agencies in connection with any vehicle purchase, such as for registration purposes
- any organization which you request us to or any one acting on your behalf, including your financial advisor, broker, solicitor, or accountant – unless you tell us not to
- contractors and other organizations to allow us to offer or provide our services to you and maintain our relationship with you
- as required or permitted by law, such as to comply with regulatory requirements that govern our business
- fulfill purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected
Consent requirements vary depending upon circumstances and upon the type of personal information that is to be collected, used or disclosed. In determining whether your consent is required and, if so, which form of consent is appropriate, we will take into account both the sensitivity of the personal information at issue and the purposes for which we will use the information. Consent may be expressed, implied (including through use of “opt-out” consent where appropriate), or deemed by law. For example, if you request information about a product and provide us with your contact information, your consent to use the contact information to send you product information is implied.
If you wish to revoke your consent to collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer, whose contact information is provided below.
How does Trailermaster RV Sales protect the security of your personal information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is stored in secured office premises and in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords for access. Information access is restricted to employees whose job purpose reasonably requires access, and we require all employees to maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify any personal information, provided the information is no longer needed by us for any purpose and provided the destruction is permitted by law.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to personal information we hold about you. We will process your request within a reasonable time, usually 30 days unless more time is needed due to the nature of the request.
There is no fee for requesting access to your personal information, however we may charge you reasonable fees for processing your request.
Correction of your personal information
We strive to ensure that all your personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up to date as is appropriate in the circumstances. You must promptly notify us in writing if there are any changes to your personal information.
If you believe that your personal information, held by Trailermaster RV Sales, is incorrect or out of date, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer, whose contact information is provided below.
Questions or Complaints
Chief Privacy Officer Contact Details
Chief Privacy Officer
Trailermaster RV Sales
3865 Highway 97N